Mike Sanderson

Hi Everyone, well i thought it was time that i put some of my thoughts on Karate as a self defence system down on the net. Over the next few months i will be posting various notes on my expiriences teaching and using self defence. I started Karate in 1974 in Hull UK at the NDLB Karate club. My Instructor was Frank Hayes. Frank was a real nice easy going gentleman and a first class Karate instructor, i owe the last 34 years in martial arts to him.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Early days Longhill Karate club 1978


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just came across this photo by chance Mike. I cannot remember having this photo taken and I only recognise you and Steve Barrass on either side of me. Were we visiting the club as I cannot remember training there? Fantastic that you kept it up. Well done. I emigrated to Canada and lost touch with Karate and friends from those days at NDLB.

Best wishes


Steve Gilbert

Anonymous said...

Hi mike hope your well looked at the photo brought back some excellent memories. fun times training keep it up! Cliff Beal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike. I remember Carl's dad Gordon taking this pic'.
I didn't realise it was being taken at that exact time, hence my looking to my right.
I sometimes did squats wit "big Steve" on my back (hence my recent hip surgery lol!)
I can name 16 of thoughts in the shot.
Back row. John Wearing, Karl Goodfellow (I owe him a kicking), Mally ?, Garry Bassett then Terry Humphries on the right.
Next row. 3rd and 4th in are Gordon ? and Dave Chambers.
Next row. Bob Mortimer, Kenny ?, ? , Malika Ralph, me, Linda Ralph, ? , Carl Gledhill.
Front row. Possibly Ray ?, Steve Barrass, Steve Gilbert and your good self.
All the best mate. Mike Griffin.